1. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Blunt White at 7:02 PM.
2. Present were: Blunt White, Ed Hart, John Delmhorst, Tony Lee, Ed Dear, Mike
Latham, Gary Bennett, Jim Oberhelman, and Ed Habereck. Absent were: John
Dionne and Inger Elliott.
3. The minutes of the February 18, 2006 meeting were approved.
4. Jim Oberhelman reported that his team is working with a computer model from
Northeast Utilities; it will take some time to get all sources of data. More will be
reported next month.
5. Blunt White reported a grant application has been submitted to Chelsea Groton
Bank. He also reported that Davis Standard is interested in selling approximately
twenty usable acres of their property on Extrusion Drive. Sectre and CERC will
be contacted to add this property to their data bases of available properties. A
conceptual map of the Liberty Crossing project was distributed.
6. The meeting was adjourned to hear a community preview presentation by Prospect
Northeast Development, LLC for their project called Prospect Place. This involves
38 housing units on Prospect and Mechanic Streets in Pawcatuck. The
presentation included a slide show of planned buildings; questions from the
community were addressed by the developers.
7. The meeting was reconvened at 8: 45 PM. Following discussion, a motion was
made and seconded to send a letter to Planning and Zoning stating that the zone
change needed for this project has the support of the commission. This was
approved with one abstention.
8. The next EDC meeting will be Thursday, April 20, 2006.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 9:08 PM.