1. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Gary Bennett at 7:00 PM.
2. Present were: Gary Bennett, Mike Latham, Tony Lee, John Delmhorst, Ed Hart, Blunt White, and John Dionne.
Absent were: Ed Habereck, Jim Oberhelman, Ed Dear, Inger Elliott, and Heather Williams.
3. Scott Gance of Mystic Lighthouse Partners, LLC made a presentation on a proposed project for a Hampton Inn and Suites hotel on Route 27 in Mystic. This would be on the site of the Hendel building and contain 92 units. A variance is needed to the FAR (Floor Area Ratio). A present variance allows 45,000 square feet and the project requires 58,000; however, most of the floor space would be in the second and third floors. The first floor would be approximately 20,000 square feet. Projected taxes would be $175,000 and annual payroll would be $300,000. The hotel would be built by OTO Development, a construction firm specializing in hotels.
4. The minutes of the September 15, 2005 meeting were approved as distributed.
5. Old Business: there was discussion on the part-time consultant for the PRO. Several applications have been received and others have expressed interest.
6. Chairman Bennett reported that Dodson Boat Yard had received necessary approvals from P& Z for obtaining additional property.
7. New Business: members discussed the presentation on the Hampton Inn and Suites project and unanimously agreed that the commission should support the project and obtaining the required variance.
8. It was agreed to spend $300 to join the Connecticut Main Street Association through PRO.
9. The next EDC meeting will be Thursday, November 17, 2005.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 8:32 PM.
John Delmhorst, Secretary Pro Tem